Are you eager to learn how to start a blog on Facebook andmake money from it? With Facebook’s massive user base of over 2.96 billion monthly active users, it’s a platform filled with potential for bloggers to reach a wide audience and monetize their content.
Unlike any other blogging platform, Facebook not only ranks as the third most visited website globally but also maintains an impressive average engagement rate of 3.22% per post. This means that content creators on Facebook can earn anywhere from $1,000 to $10,000 per month, and there’s no limit to your potential earnings. So, let’s dive into this step-by-step guide on how to start a blog on Facebook and start making money from it.
What is a Facebook Blog?
Before we begin, let’s clarify what we mean by a “Facebook blog.” Facebook itself doesn’t have a dedicated blogging tool, but it offers various features that allow you to create, publish, and share multimedia content with its users. These features include Facebook posts, Facebook Ads, Facebook comments, Facebook Live, Facebook stories, and Facebook Creator Studio.
The term “Facebook blog” refers to the social media account or page where you’ll publish your content. You have two main options: using your personal account profile or creating a Facebook page. While a personal account profile is suitable for sharing with your Facebook friends, it has a limit of 5,000 friends. In contrast, a Facebook page is ideal for a wider audience reach and offers specialized tools for content monetization and tracking.
Now, let’s explore how to optimize your content for engagement on Facebook.
What kind of content to write on Facebook?
Research shows that on Facebook, long-form posts tend to drive more engagement. According to BuzzSumo’s analysis of 400,000 articles, posts with a word count of 1,000 to 2,000 are more likely to achieve high engagement. However, posts with less than 1,000 words have a drop in high engagement potential. Striking the right balance between depth and readability is crucial to engage your audience effectively.
To further boost engagement, consider strategically integrating images into your long-form posts. Adding images can increase your Facebook engagement.
How to Start a Blog on Facebook and Earn Money
Now, let’s delve into the steps to start your Facebook blog and explore various monetization strategies.
Step 1: Create the Facebook Blog
- Go to www.facebook.com and log in to your personal account.
- Click “See all” on the left-hand menu panel, find the “Create” section, and choose “Page” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the type of page you want to create: business/brand or community/public figure.
- Enter a name for your page and choose a relevant category.
- Upload a profile picture and cover photo.
- Add a summary of your brand or the type of content you’ll be posting.
- Click “Create Page” to publish your Facebook page.
- Build your audience by inviting people to like your page.
Step 2: Publish Blog Posts to Your Facebook Page
- Access your Facebook page by clicking on its name in the left sidebar or searching for it using the Facebook search bar.
- Click “Write something” at the top of the page to start creating your blog post.
- You can add text, photos, videos, and links to your post.
- Set restrictions on who can access the content by clicking the “Public” button at the bottom of the post and choosing your preferred audience option.
- Click “Post” to publish your blog post.
- You can also schedule posts for later publication.
Step 3: Earn Money from Facebook Blogging
The key to making money is to make an engaging blog and getting audience, once you have that sorted, There are several ways to generate revenue from your Facebook blog:
- Selling Products: Create a Facebook shop within your page and showcase products in your posts, allowing followers to make purchases without leaving Facebook.
- Affiliate Marketing: Promote products from other brands as an affiliate marketer and earn commissions from sales made through your referrals.
- Sponsored Posts: Build your authority to attract brand sponsorships, but be prepared to provide information on your audience demographics and engagement rates.
- Advertising: Partner with Facebook to display in-stream ads within your content and earn a portion of the advertising fees.
- Paid Memberships: Offer fan subscriptions with exclusive perks and content for a monthly fee, with Facebook retaining a percentage of the proceeds.
- Facebook Stars: Collect Facebook Stars from your followers during live streams or recorded videos, earning income once you meet Facebook’s requirements.
Starting a blog on Facebook and earning money is a rewarding venture. However, success requires consistency in publishing and maintaining high-quality content. While Facebook offers powerful tools and a wide-reaching platform, remember that it still demands dedication, just like any other blogging site.
If the appeal of Facebook as a blogging platform is its cost-effectiveness, consider exploring other free blogging options in our article on how to start a blog for free and make money.
Must Check: Best Travel Bloggers on Instagram.